Wednesday, August 26, 2009


There is a secret place
In the high hills
In the mountains where clouds cry,
And rain their tears on the valley below,
But I am untouched here,
In the peaks of yesterday,
For here all sorrow stands mute,
And is covered in shadows
That haunt the day...

The sun falls from the sky,
Bringing the sweet night,
And the stars have not yet
Risen from their deep sleep,
Nor has the moon washed her lovely face,
So all is dark except the fading fire
Of the dying sun in the horizon...

This is where I find my peace,
In the lack of light of any kind,
Where the shadows of my life,
Are left behind...
And all that lies before me,
Is the fire that sinks slowly into the sea,
Whispering such sweet words to me...

I sit on the edge of my world,
And contemplate its beauty,
thinking not of you,
But what lies before me,
That shadowy world is sinking fast,
And all that is left of my past,
Sinks below the sea,
And is absorbed by the earth's thirst,

And as the sun goes down tonight
I watch the world disappear,
Into the dark abyss of tomorrow,
And close my eyes,
Savoring that last sight,
That will last me
Forever.

3 comments:

  1. We all need those places, some people havent found a place like that. I have several of them, they are very similar to yours.
    One of my places is inside your heart.
    I love you Stellan, completely and utterly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Eric's special place is Mariner's Ridge- the hike there is unbelievable and its hidden- only the locals know about... Me, I love Manoa Falls- RAINFOREST, does that tell u why? I will battle the chiggers there just to see the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an inspirational, moving place, may it last...forever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for your comment. :)