Sunday, September 5, 2010

Like iron against the earth

You say that love
is a decision,
and not an emotion,
not a wild
and overwhelming thing.

But you never
felt her touch
or the warmth
of her smile
even when the cold rain falls.

No, you never
smelled her hair,
or put your cheek
against her cheek,
or longed for her
from far away
even in life’s shortened hours.

So, if you ask me
to decide,
I’ll tell you love is patient,
love is kind,
it’s a force,
like iron against the earth.

Even when I cannot move,
it moves me to decide
that love is made for me,
and you are right,
it’s done in sanity.

5 comments:

  1. U r definitely right, love is patient. It is also trusting, forgiving and unconditional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece has a kind of quiet and honest approach that I like very much Stell.
    xxme

    ReplyDelete
  3. quiet and subtly beautiful. thanks for sharing a piece of your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - I am definitely delighted to discover this. cool job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for your comment. :)