Sunday, August 16, 2009

Afterglow


" Afterglow #1" still life portrait of my love. oil pastels on 8x10 canvas panel.


hold very still.

I like the way the moonlight
paints your face
so softly…

as I sit
memorizing your breath
through slightly parted lips
my hands, hungry for the freedom
that the night bestows
my body, longing
to feel your weight
like the shoreline feels the waves
rhythmic
relentless
release…

love doesn’t just happen
wait.
yes, it does

hold very still.
while I ponder
which came first
the wanting…
or the need,
and let’s see
just how deep
this love
can go…

4 comments:

  1. You are the song that was always in my heart. When I met you I heard the words of that song for the first time.... and it is the most beautiful song that I have ever heard. Every day you take my hand and take me to new places in your heart and in mine and every day surpasses the beauty of the day before. I love where we have been, I love where we are going and I love where we are right now, at this very moment.
    I love you Stellan, I always have.
    I adore your art, and I adore watching you paint and draw me while I lie there for you... in the afterglow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What hope you bring in your expressions, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for your comment. :)