Monday, August 10, 2009

Cold Reality


High desert landscape,
Barren and burned,
The trees I planted are gone,
Summer left us in a single day,
We skipped fall altogether,
And winter came blustering in,
All cold breath and falling snow…
Freezing heavy branches,
And the flowers too…

I stood outside,
Letting the chill in the air,
Freeze my cheeks,
And turn my breath to fog,
That slowly drifted away…

Yet,
I love it here,
Stark and surreal,
Everything is so clear,
There is no doubt,
As to what life is all about,
Not here…

There are no lies,
No make-believe dreams,
Just cold reality,
That one day,
The entire world will come to this,

An empty and cold place,
Where trees and dreams,
Once grew side by side,
Now only smooth stones,
And broad shouldered mountains exist,

The stars are so clear here,
The air so clean,
It clears the mind,
And reminds you,
Who you really are;

A child of this earth,
In this time and place,
Nothing exists,
Except the memory,
That here long ago,
Life existed and flowed,
Ran down these slopes,
In the form of liquid snow…

High desert landscape,
Surrounded by mountains that smile sagely,
And rumble approvingly,
As the footprints I leave behind,
Become obliterated by the falling snow…

4 comments:

  1. This is my first time commenting on your blog...I have been a fan of your writing for some time now..
    sounds like a beautiful landscape to explore the inner and outer realities...you penned it quite graphically and with a sureness that speaks to direct experience...no wonder your words are so evocative!

    Keep it up,
    Kerixxx

    P.S
    you have the most gorgeous eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, where do I begin. This is absolutely beautiful. So beautiful I cannot pick a favorite word or phrase. I felt like I was there seeing through your eyes, feeling with your heart. I am a BIG fan of Sweetmango...and so grateful you found eachother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lover, I know this landscape like i know my own heart. That you see it the same way I do makes my soul sing, that you love it with the same depth as i makes me understand even more so why we were drawn together, meant to be together.
    i love you, i love the way you write, i love the way you do everything
    from your sexy wifey
    p.s i think you have gorgeous eyes too, I drown in them, but it was your soul that captured my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how true, and how many steps came before you, how many to follow?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for your comment. :)